The week will include all forms of “the arts” from music, dance, drama, painting, crafts, film, poetry, fashion, quizzes & heritage trail walks. It will have something for everyone: young, old and even the ‘in between’ age groups.
On the opening Saturday there will be performers and activities in the town centre throughout the day into early evening. This will include a community “Arts” project so please come along and get involved. The intention is to have a Craft Fair on the Sunday.
On the closing Saturday, following on from the BARS Sports Day, there will be family entertainment late afternoon in the White Hart outside garden area finishing with a rock band “finale” into the evening.
Full programme leaflets will be available in mid-May from the library & various retail outlets around the town. They will also be delivered with the June edition of the Today magazine.
Most events are free to attend but voluntary donations will always be welcomed. It promises to be another great week. Please support your town and enjoy as many events as you can.
Follow Us on Facebook @BawtryArtsFestival
See below to find out what’s happening across Bawtry
Bawtry Community Library
– Saturday 17th 6.30 to 7pm – Gervase Phinn, writer
– Monday 19th – 7pm – Jim & Janice Literary Quiz
– Tuesday 20th – Early evening (time TBC) – Margaret Clarkson, artist
– Wednesday 21st – 10 – 11:30am – Val and the French class, one-act play
– Thursday 22nd – Afternoon (Time TBC) – Ann Harriman craft event
– Thursday 22nd – Evening – 7pm – Rupert on the history of Britain through World Heritage Sites
– Friday 23rd – Afternoon (Time TBC) – Louise Hill, botany of the local area with slides & specimens
– Saturday 24th – 7pm – Ian Parks, local poet
Wednesday 21st June 7.30pm – 9.30pm – Room 21 Big Band
Thursday 22nd June – Peter Kay by the one and only Lee Lard
The most popular comedy tribute in the UK today. Book now! £40 per person includes 2 course Set Menu. To book call 01302 710 461